Literacy to Achieve
When young people develop a love of reading, they are more likely to succeed in life after school. Unfortunately, current reading spaces at Walbottle Campus in the School Library and Sixth Form are no longer fit for purpose. With this in mind, Literacy to Achieve aims to raise £300,000 over the next 18 months to refurbish and expand reading spaces, and provide high quality books, IT facilities and new furnishings for students.
View our plansDonate now
Phase 1: Library
- To extend and redevelop the School Library,
- Updated reading material storage and renewed furniture for students.
- Expanded stock of books for students.
- Improved ICT facilities.
- Ability to hold whole class library sessions in appropriate spaces.
Phase 2: Sixth Form
- The creation of a new Sixth Form Library for students,
- Introduce a selection of reading journals and magazines for students.
- Creation of new seminar rooms for teaching and meetings.
- Redeveloped social spaces for students.